Monday, January 9, 2012

The lighter side of the fine line

Of course, in the path between fact or fiction, when dealing with Colton, there are always some quotable quips.

As we sat down on the couch, and it began to become clear to Colton that we somehow knew about his playground antics (keep in mind that no one had told a teacher [hindsight - because there really wasn't anything to tell], and there were only 4 students present), he had a few questions of his own . . .

Colton, through tears, after being asked AGAIN to tell his side of the story - "I just have one question for you guys, and I hope you don't get mad at me. But how do you guys even find out about this stuff??"

Then, as we are a bit further into the "interrogation", I ask Colton if he could think of any reason why this girl wouldn't be telling the truth.

Colton - "I don't know! Based on my experience from being in their class last year, they are generally very honest people."

And then, when attempting to extract what "very mean" name he had called them . . .

Colton - "I don't want to tell you! I know I'm going to get in a lot of trouble. Like you might send me to my room for a week and not let me out or ground me for months or something!"

So, so hard to keep a straight face when disciplining Colton. Thankful for the ability to get through the situation and look back with some humor. This kid's gonna keep us guessing, that's for sure!

No comments: