Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Olykoeks

Washington Irving - "balls of sweetened dough, fried in hog's fat"




Some call them doughnuts.




I call them breakfast heaven.




Not like the case of dried out, crusty, run-of-the-mill things at Safeway.




Hand-made.




Imaginative fillings. The fritters, during our stay, ranged from traditional apple to raspberry, blueberry, raspberry/cream cheese, apple/raspberry, and raspberry white chocolate.




Fluffy.




Melt in your mouth.




Exquisite.




The only thing that came close was Seafood Chowder for lunch at the One Eyed Crab. But even its excellence was a distant 2nd place.




Life is good on vacation.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man. That's what's wrong with me. I've only had the crusty things at Safeway. No wonder I'm not a huge donut fan. I've got to try these. I think I could be converted!