Sunday, April 4, 2010

Step 1 of 4

AKA - The Spring Break Project


We've been toying with the idea of remodeling the upstairs for quite some time. Recently, we had some success with re-doing the living room, but still by the end of it vowed never to paint again - EVER.

Then, spring break came upon us. The boys went to Grandma's, and Matt & I enjoyed a week of remembering what adult conversation was like. We ate adult food - nary a chicken nugget to be found. We watched adult TV shows - no Disney Channel allowed. We went out to dinner - and it wasn't a drive through.

Then, Wednesday night came.

Matt got called out.

And, I was home all by myself, by 5:15 (unheard of), with NOTHING to do.

I'm not very good at having nothing to do.

So, forgetting our painting vow, I begin work on the boys' bedroom.

By the end of the week, it looks something like this:








Step two will be a re-do of the den - turning it into a big combo room that will include the scraproom, guest room, and Matt's reloading station. This will include a large yard-sale/eBay effort - there is lots and Lots and LOTS of junk accumulated in there!

Step three - turn the scrap room into Colton's room - the above bedroom will be Chance's.

Step four - update the small bathroom into one that the boys can use exclusively.

We intend to keep up the momentum and keep moving along - feel free to ask if you don't see a post on Step 2 in the next couple months :) Maybe the pressure will keep me honest.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I love it... I want you to post in a week so I can see if it still looks like that ;)... I love the colors!!!!

Way to go .. See you tomorrow...

Susan said...

Awesome!!!