Cousins, quilts, carnival, tie-dye, trampoline - HIT!
Garden art show - MISS :(
Grandparents and celebrating Papa Chuck's birthday - HIT!
$44 lunch (for two) at a snooty burger joint - MISS :(
Dinner at Sakura on our way home - HIT OUT OF THE BALLPARK!
Things we loved about Sakura:
- Chance and Colton both found out they like Japanese soup
- I think mostly because they found the acceptable custom of slurping the funnest thing ever.
- The sushi was yummy
- We had our own personal chef
- He was talented - magic tricks, egg tossing, utensil spinning, and really good food
- There was a bit of an incident with a cracked egg on top of his chef's hat, but he handled it so gracefully!
- He was especially adept at running the 'Japanese Fire Hydrant'
- Chance and Colton both liked the fried rice.
- The teriyaki chicken was a hit - but not immediately . . .
- Colt could have cried when he watched the chef put teriyaki sauce on every one's chicken - he isn't a sauce kind of kid - no ketchup, mustard, bbq, etc. - he is a hot dog on a dry bun kind of kid
- Once he tried it, he ate a whole plate of it
- Everyone ate some vegetables
- We all left STUFFED, with enough leftovers to feed us today.