Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This, That, & The Other

So, my mom's a quilter. I'm a scrapbooker. I used to think our hobbies were on opposite ends of the spectrum. Not anymore.




Check out her latest project, that will soon hang in my home.




This beautiful montage of my ancestors is the neatest "scrapbook" I've ever seen. Can't wait to show you the final masterpiece!




Colton is about to grow. Like seriously grow. He's cranky every night. Exhausted. And I don't think I've EVER seen him eat this much. Tina agrees, so we are both watching in anticipation.




I get to go to Round 2 of the NCAA playoffs. How cool is that?




Chance is starting to watch "tween" movies on Disney channel, and no longer getting grossed out when the boy kisses the girl. I'm so not ready for this.




The boys are competing to each get straight A's on their report cards this quarter. Hope Papa is more ready for their prizes than he was when I was in high school and he offered me a car. Not that I'm still bitter or anything :) Who knew I had such potential?




Baseball practice starts tonight. I love both boys' coaches. I love the schedule so far. I love that baseball means spring weather is coming soon. Lots to love, lots to love.




I'm quite liking my Skechers walking shoes.




My calves, however, are not in agreement.




Matt gave a presentation at school about bees, hives, and honey. He said he left enough honey with the teacher to surely move every "behavior marker" in the class. That's the mark of a good presentation, right there!




Matt cooked again last night. Seriously, I don't know why I even try. Crab - Sauteed prawns - these breaded, baked oyster cocktail things - Asiago cheese bread. Yum.




He keeps serving these masterpieces on paper plates - so as not to seem too "snooty" ;)




Our 2010 camping vacation is completely booked and paid for. What a great feeling. Now, if I can just get myself to wait patiently until August.




I am reading "Loving Frank" and still working on the "Tired Supergirl's Search for Grace". All the while falling behind in my bible study. Priorities, priorities.




Wordless Wednesday tomorrow, unless I get a great guest post between now and then - put your thinking caps on, Wordless Wednesday Detractors. Let me see whatcha got!

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

What a beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see it when it is finished. That is truly a gift to covet! Not everyone can say they have a "scrapbook"/quilt of their ancestors. Amazing. Love the tween movie and kissing line. Too funny! Colin has been sleeping in and that is not like him. He must be growing too.