Friday, March 19, 2010

Things I've learned that I don't know this week

While I know I want my children to be as safe as possible

.....I admit I know NOTHING about this new "cup check" deal in Chance's baseball league.

I know that the top floor always has the best view

.....but I have no idea what the view is from that (my perception) rickety treehouse.

I know that I can do a decent job speaking in public when I have to

.....but I have no idea how to stop my knees from visibly shaking when in front of 400 people

I know my husband's job is to protect "the least of these" in our society

.....but I don't know how to make myself believe they deserve his protection when family time is sacrificed again

I know it is a blessing that Chance has been gifted with great intelligence

.....but I don't know how to stop worrying that he doesn't know how to study or do homework and that someday he will REALLY need to know how to do those things

I know, without a doubt, that Colton was sent by God into my orderly world to teach me that my plans, ideas, and schedules are not always the best thing

.....but I have no idea how to fully express my gratitude and love for the ways that little pinball has caused me to stretch and grow

I know, with all of my heart, that I have married my better half

.....I will spend the rest of my life learning ways to show him that I know that

I know that I believe in my country. I love America. I am blessed to live here. It is the greatest nation on the earth.

.....I do not know where the strength is coming from, which holds my friend Jane tall and mighty as she sends her son off to Iraq this week.

.....wait, I do know. That's the Lord holding her up. Praise Him.

I am praying for you, friend. Today, and in the days to come. You have raised two noble young men. I think God is proud. I love you, Neighbor Jane!

2 comments:

tina said...

Awe . . .i love reading your insightfulness, witt, and fun! Thanks for sharing.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You can't know how much comfort this brought to me, Heather. Thank you, thank you.