Monday, March 15, 2010

Do you stockpile, or eat as you go?

So, we spent the weekend putting on a crab feed for the boys' school. It's a fundraiser for the athletic program, and with Matt on the Athletic Committee, we had a pretty busy weekend.



Matt drove to Westport on Friday to pick up 1000# of fresh crab.



Add that to a complete spread by Michael's on the Lake, and what resulted was a feast fit for a king.


All-you-could-eat crab.


Prime Rib.



Salads.


Rolls.


Cake.


It was a great success. We were absolutely exhausted by the end of the evening!


So, my question to you is this. When you get the opportunity to eat fresh crab, do you eat as you go, or crack it open and stockpile, eating it all at the end?

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Now THAT is a crab feed. That is a feed in general. Way to go.

Hmmmmm. It depends on how much bread/potatoes I've had. If I'm eating a filler, I stockpile. If I don't pick, eat, pick, eat. How about you?

Cali said...

Eat as you go... it's the ONLY way to go. If you stockpile, you can't fit as much crab in your stomache.

Cali

Miller Family said...

It's hard to keep a stockpile when the boys are with us since they have a heck of a time getting the crab out themselves. I think I would stockpile and get the hard work out of the way, then wipe up my hands and enjoy the pile. Looks like a great feed! Hope you had lots of success!