Anyway, amidst the doozy of a weekend, I'm thinking of a few of my favorite things, so then I won't feel so (stressed?):
- Chance singing music from "The Sound of Music" randomly throughout the house. He knows most of the words, and has been breaking into song quite a bit lately - said he watches it in school once a year, and it's been on his mind for some reason.
- Chance switching gears and singing Big & Rich "Freak Parade" at a moment's notice. I've yet to witness (thankfully) my boys doing the Freak Parade march through Wal-Mart, but I'm sure my time is coming.
- I'm reading Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. LOVE IT! It's late back to the library (sorry, NCRL), so I've got to get it finished. It's fantastic.
- Thinking of Loving Frank, Kite Runner, and Still Alice as next prospects.
- Listening to JJ Heller and Alli Rogers right now - two completely new artists for me, with a totally different sound than I usually listen to. Good music, though. It's been fun to change it up a bit.
- Colton's explanation of the difference between a Wedgie and a Brownie. I'll let your imagination take you there.
- My new favorite restaurant of the week - The Melting Pot. Yum. Pricey, but yum.
- Old Navy's 50% off clearance price sale. Makes me not feel so bad about the bill at the Melting Pot!
- Our new dinner menu plan - everyone picks a night. You have to decide what we're having (that you can make with on-hand ingredients), and help (12 & under) or cook the meal that you chose. I'm down to two nights a week that dinner is my sole responsibility. Yay.
- Chance's budget - I do love an empty dishwasher, and when there's a boy in the house that needs to earn money, it stays pretty darn empty.
- Spring. It's almost here. I can feel it. I can't wait.
- My husband - we had a fun weekend in Spokane (thanks, Darla), in which we went to dinner and a show, strolled with coffee along Riverfront Park, shopped, talked, and looked for a gun. Successful on all fronts!
- Bible Study - Beth Moore - Breaking Free - she's all sorts of in my business, but in a good way. It's been an eye opening study, that's for sure. Eye opening, heart healing, and feet moving. Yay, God.
- Colton's Looney Tunes belly laugh. There's no better sound this side of heaven.
That's it for me. What are your favorite things this week? Any suggestions on what should be my next book?