Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I told you I was an artist

One of our favorite California Adventure activities was the Animation Academy. A Disney animator would give a class every 1/2 hour, and show you how to draw a different Disney character.



It was a ton of fun to try and be a cartoonist. It was also a great relief for some VERY tired feet to sit in a padded seat for 1/2 hour.



I was going to put up a poll, and let you vote for your favorite, but then realized you'd all vote for Colton's anyway, so I'm just declaring him the automatic winner.


Here are our super attempts at "art" -




Heather's Daisy

Colton's Daisy


Matt's Daisy



Chance's Daisy



Disney's Daisy!
***********************************


Heather's Piglet


Colton's Piglet



Matt's Piglet



Chance's Piglet


Disney's Piglet
We were in the front row, and Colton got the artist's drawing.

So, if you could have a professional artist give you a 1/2 hour class, who would it be? Or, what type of art would you learn? Watercolor? Cartooning? Paint-by-Number?

2 comments:

Emily said...

I would love to take glass-blowing classes. But more than that I would just love some time to paint or a place to set up my potters wheel and kiln.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, Heather! You all did a great job! :)

-Maggie