Let me count the ways.
13 ways, to be exact . . .
- I love that you don't need "Pearl Harbor Day" to remember our anniversary. I underestimated you. I thought you would.
- I love that you give me roses. Lots of them. And that you buy them at Safeway, because it would kill me (and our pocketbook) if you bought the same darn thing at a much more expensive florist shop.
- I love the ways you are my polar opposite - you both challenge me and complete me.
- I love the ways we are exactly the same. It's the most comforting thing.
- I love that you can make "Wranglers and a collar" work at every function we ever need to attend. Although I admit, it's really no help at all when I'm deciding what I should wear :)
- I love that you go to church with me. I see lots of "church widows" on Sunday, and I can't imagine not sharing my faith with my best friend.
- Even more, I love that you pray with me. You know the deepest desires of my heart, and they are safe with you.
- I love that you are such a hard worker.
- Almost as much as I love the fact that you seem to be learning how to relax again. Phew :)
- I love that we are both turning back to simpler times in a lot of ways - we had to work through sooooo many complicated, materialistic times to get here. It feels great to be in the same place.
- I love the rose-colored distortion glasses you must have on when you look at me - I don't know what I ever did to deserve that look in your eye, but I'm glad it's still there.
- I love that you are serious about your responsibilities leading our family. From work ethic to "guy talks", you are a fabulous role-model to our boys.
- And, finally, to borrow from Colin Raye - I love the way you love me. So completely . . .
Happy 13th Anniversary, honey. I can't imagine what the next 13 will be. We are taking the road less travelled (these days, anyway) - and it will make all the difference.
I love you!