Wednesday, December 2, 2009

But three lefts do . . .

About once a week, one of the boys comes up with something so funny it has me either choking on my soda or driving off the road.


Since it's usually while driving, I rarely write them down. Most of the time, I forget them by the time I get in front of the computer. Somehow, I've gotta get better at that.


Today's treasure was just too good to forget.


Colton and Chance are in the back seat of the car trying (unsuccessfully) not to argue.


I am on the phone with my dad.


Pretty soon, there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.


I ask what happened. Here's the play-by-play:


Colton - Chance was being gross!


Colton - And he hit me!


Mom - Chance, did you hit your brother?


Chance - I hit him back. He hit me first.


Mom - Colton, did you hit him first?


Colton - Yes, but two wrongs don't make a right!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

That IS funny, Heather. And your title and picture make it even better.

Miller Family said...

Good One! The getting along definitely goes in spurts. I wish they were longer spurts of getting along and shorter spurts of arguing!!