Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What time is it?

Game time!
.
I've waited a long, long time for this.
.
Basketball season.

I had a decent amount of success, playing basketball in high school and college, and it is by far my favorite sport. That said,we have tried hard not to "steer" the boys in any direction for their extra-curricular activities. I want them to do what THEY want to do.

And, although I love watching my kids no matter what they are doing, it has felt like we've suffered through hockey and soccer, and even baseball and football to some extent, while I anticipated some basketball action.

To watch him play the sport I love is so much fun.



To have him come to me with questions (that I can actually answer!) is such a great bonding experience.



To sit with my parents, on hard wooden bleachers, and get my first taste of what it's like to be on the other side of the coin was priceless.



To watch these boys as they progress and improve, from timid middle schoolers to the well-oiled machine they will be when they reach high school, will almost prove a theory of heaven on earth.


It's game time.

No comments: