Sunday, November 22, 2009

I don't know why she swallowed the fly . . .

They changed the lights to match the paint,


They painted the wall to contrast the trim,


They painted the trim to match the carpet,


I don't know why they changed the carpet . . .


Wait, I do know. It used to look like this:


And, it was threadbare in many spots - too many for throw rugs to cover anymore.


So, after the new carpet, new trim, new east wall, then new north wall, then patches on the west wall, which didn't match, so new west wall paint, and new lights, and new sconces, and a re-finished stove, and a complete rearrange, here we are:






I. LOVE. IT. Love it. Love it. Love it.
.
.
Now, I just gotta get the old lights sold on eBay. And, restore the dining room to it's pre-project condition. And the kitchen. And reclaim my bedroom. I sense another spider coming . . .

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It is absolutely beautiful Heather. How fun to have something so beautiful and yet still comfortable.

Swallow the spider, Heather, swallow the spider.

Miller Family said...

OH Heather. I am so excited for you! Do you find yourself sitting on the couch just admiring the new? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!