Monday, September 28, 2009

Stuck at home for dinner

On Saturday night, Matt and I were going to attend the birthday party of a friend. Before all the sickness. Anyway, it was a "bring a snacky kind of food that you like to share" kind of party. The kind overflowing with Little Smokies, Meatballs, Veggie Trays, and Spinach Dip.

It had been a bit of a rough week, and we were both looking forward to some relaxing adult time.

Until the sickness. Although we weren't sick, I couldn't ask a babysitter to watch my feverish child while I went out and had fun. Just didn't seem right.

But oh, the Smokies, the Meatballs, the Dips - we would surely miss them.

So we decided to do them at home.

I had been consulting Tasty Kitchen all week, trying to figure out what I was going to take to the party. So, I already had several possible recipes printed out.

On a side note, have you perused Ree's Tasty Kitchen yet? You need to. It's most spectacular.

Since we couldn't go to the party, we let the party come to us.

Complete with Bacon Wrapped Smokies. And Pepperoni Pizza Dip. And Perfect Nachos. Rounded out with Colton's Fruit Kabobs.


It was a veritable smorgasbord of toothpick food. The boys were in heaven. Matt and I felt a little better (a little) about missing the party. And dinner was fun.


Lemonade out of lemons, right??

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love that you went on ahead and made a party anyway, sickness be damned.

Do share the recipes :)