Friday, August 21, 2009

Family Reunion - The Greatest - A Finale

Furthest
Closest

Fastest


Creative-est

Sharpest

Tallest


Thirstiest


Oldest


Youngest


And, for the last recipe of the round-up, I give you the most under-appreciated dessert. I think this one hid in the refrigerator while we were eating on Saturday, and didn't debut until 2nd or 3rd snack on Saturday night.
.
Which, actually, was lucky for me. Everyone was full by then, and only took a smidgen. Enough for many to request the recipe, but little enough that I still got breakfast for 2 days afterward :)
.
Rhubarb Crisp
Chris Steinmetz
.
8 cups rhubarb, cut up
4 cups sugar, divided
2 cups flour, divided
2 eggs
8 T butter, melted
1/8 t nutmeg
.
Mix 2 cups sugar and 6 T flour with rhubarb. Put in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
Beat eggs with a fork. Stir in 2 cups sugar and remaining flour. Sprinkle over rhubarb.
Drizzle melted butter over top.
Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Bake at 350* for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
.
Thanks to all for a fun weekend! Can't wait to do it all again next year!

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a clever post, Heather. I love the creativity of your blog...and I've enjoyed your reunion, too. I almost feel like family :)