Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks . . .

The baseball fun is almost over.

Next week is it, and I am sad. The weather is finally cooperating just in time to be done.

One's been doing lots of pitching.










The other, catching as much as his coach will let him.







And both have been very successful with the batting.




For those of you with keen eyes and enquiring minds, who can see that the ball is just coming to the first baseman's glove as Colton approaches the base, please know that this is the first time (of I'm sure many) that my son decided to argue with the first base umpire. With tears and everything. Because he was called out. And he didn't think the kid's foot was on the base. Looking at the best evidence I have available, I have to agree. Silly umpire. It took lots of convincing, a stern talk about respecting authority, and two pepperoni sticks to calm the boy down. With this picture as concrete evidence, I can see why.

And through it all, we are still learning.


Man, I'm gonna miss this . . .

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Heather, you couldn't have captured the season any better. My, oh my.

And I love the "incident" with the ump. Oh ho. What a funny boy. Pepperoni sticks are amazing, are they not?

What a great post.