Monday, April 13, 2009

Trusted by NASA, the US State Department, and the Wal-Mart Deli


We were heading to a BBQ on Saturday, and had to stop at Wal-Mart to grab some cookies to bring along with our other meager offerings. We were asked to bring a side dish, and I went with a purchased vegetable tray and purchased cookies - I am a busy chef extraordinaire.


The boys decide they want some deli food.


Knowing Chance doesn't like hamburgers, hot dogs, or my vegetable tray, I concede, if only so that he has something in his tummy besides the cookies we're buying.


We get in line at the deli.


The girl in front of us and the deli worker are both Hispanic. She begins to place her order in Spanish.


Colton is concerned.


"Mom, do you know Spanish for ordering deli food?"


"No, buddy, I don't. I'll just order in English when we get to the front of the line."


"That girl knows both Spanish and English?"


"Yes, I'm sure she does."


"Wow. Where did she buy the Rosetta Stone?"

No comments: