Monday, March 23, 2009

This is maybe or maybe not why I'm 2# up in the weigh in today


Okay, I am trying. Really, I am.


Kind of.


But, right below the e-mail from Jillian (Biggest Loser Trainer) was an e-mail from Paula Deen.


That led me to the Deen Brothers Cookbook, in which they have a recipe that says when they need a quick donut fix, they just take the cans of refrigerated biscuits, use a small round cutter to cut a hole in the middle, and fry them up.


And I had just such a can of biscuits in the fridge.


They were lowfat.


I think I successfully remedied that little situation.


By soaking them in approximately 1-1/2" of grease at 365*, 3 minutes each side.


Then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.


And, in case you are wondering, 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 3-4T of maple syrup makes a mighty fine maple frosting for those deep-fried rings of love.


I need professional help.


Thanks, Paula and Sons. These were heavenly . . .

3 comments:

tina said...

Yummers! Those do look heavenly!!! And since I am not trying to lose weight, I could eat those guilt-free!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

"deep-fried rings of love" is right! Those look great. Here's to two good tasting pounds.

Miller Family said...

Oh, you are literally making my mouth water. YUM!