Wednesday, March 18, 2009

If I didn't know now what I didn't know then


So, this was going to be a fun, lighthearted post about a statistics site that Matt linked me to in an e-mail today. It's got some fun stuff - everything you'd want to know from the amount of newspapers published today to the hectacres of arable land lost to soil erosion.


Check it out here - http://www.worldometers.info/


As I was first perusing it, all I could think was, my bloggy friends will love this site! There's something here for everyone!


Then I got to the Health section at the end.


And found out the number of deaths by abortions this year is equal to the number of all other types of death on the chart COMBINED.


It hurt my heart.


Heaven help us.


What statistic on this site surprised you the most? Were there any that you already knew?

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This WAS fascinating. I found it interesting that there are five times as many cell phones as TV's...especially since cell phones are within the last decade or so.

I thought the abortion statistic was s.o.b.e.r.i.n.g. How very, very tragic. Thanks for the info.