Saturday, March 7, 2009

Calling Home

I am reading a book called The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan. You might have seen this clip from her on YouTube and fell in love. I did, and it made me buy her book.

I am only in Chapter 1, but a quote caught me from the prologue that I couldn't help but share. Today is my mom's birthday, and though I was thinking of her already, this made me do so even more:

Calling home. Instinctively. Even when all the paperwork - a marriage license, a notarized deed, two birth certificates, and seven years of tax returns - clearly indicates you're an adult, but all the same, there you are, clutching the phone and thanking God that you're still somebody's daughter.


I have a home like that. And I know if ever the need arises, I have a mom like that. Thank God.

Happy Birthday, mom! I'm so proud to be your daughter. I couldn't think of ANYONE I'd rather call home to talk to.

I love you!


3 comments:

Darla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darla said...

Try it again.. Sorry I hit delete *lol*


Happy Birthday to "Heather's Mom".

Heather you truely are blessed :)

Ande Payne said...

Heather that is an awesome quote and I'm glad you have a great mom like me. I fell in love with the book just from that quote...thanks for the suggestion!