Thursday, February 26, 2009

How Well Do You Know Me?

A few weeks ago, Darla sent me this e-mail, which was a twist on the usual "Getting to Know Your Friends" e-mail that you get about once a month or so.

This one asked the recipient to fill out what they know about the sender, and then send it back. Some of the answers are spot on - some are funny - some are a bit scary! But, regardless, it was fun to see what my friends thought of me! I'll allow them to remain anonymous, while you are allowed to join in the fun . . .


Where did we meet? My House
Take a stab at my middle name? Marie
Do I speak a second language? Yes
Am I a cat lover or dog lover? Dog
Do I smoke? No!
Color of my eyes?: warm Brown
Do I have any siblings? Yes
What's one of my favorite things to do? Camp with your family

What's my favorite type of music?: Christian, Country
Am I taller than you? Way
Am I shy or outgoing? Shy
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? Totally a rule follower
What is my birth month? April
Do I want to see a woman or man as next president? A republician
I am a member of which political party? Same as above
Am I Liberal? Moderate? or Conservative? Conservative
Have you ever heard me sing? Maybe a little
How many children do I have? Two
Have we taken photographs together? No
When is the last time you saw me? Last night
When will I see you again? Tonight
Have we ever had a falling out? No, Thank goodness.
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? Scapbooking things.
Am I right handed or left handed? Right

What type of work do I do? Office work


Where did we meet? at Waterville School
Take a stab at my middle name? Marie
Do I speak a second language? yes - Spanish courtesy Dan Lopez
Am I a cat lover or dog lover? dog
Do I smoke? no
Color of my eyes?: brown
Do I have any siblings? yes
What's one of my favorite things to do? scrapbooking (carnie touring too)
What's my favorite type of music?: contemporary Christian and country
Am I taller than you? yes
Am I shy or outgoing? neither - assertive
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? rule follower extraordinare - although she may want to believe she is sometimes rebellious
What is my birth month? May
Do I want to see a woman or man as next president? Woman
I am a member of which political party? not formally - but Republican
Am I Liberal? Moderate? or Conservative? Conservative
Have you ever heard me sing? no
How many children do I have? two and Matt but the most demanding family member is the dog
Have we taken photographs together? yes one you gave me as a gift that is in my living room
When is the last time you saw me? hockey game - December
When will I see you again? camping season Dell said because you didn't invite us to your SuperBowl party
Have we ever had a falling out? no
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? Bible I bet and a Starbucks drink
Am I right handed or left handed? right
What type of work do I do? run the world or at least Wilbur Ellis
One food that makes me want to puke: onions
Favorite drink: anything on a Mexican beach



Where did we meet? We were doing something with Matt, right?
Take a stab at my middle name? Louise? lol
Do I speak a second language? Does hockey count? Otherwise no.
Am I a cat lover or dog lover? Both
Do I smoke? No way! You’re too smart!
Color of my eyes? Yeah right. You’re so tall I can’t see them. Brown?
Do I have any siblings? Yes
What's one of my favorite things to do? Scrapbooking
What's my favorite type of music? Christian
Am I taller than you? In an alternate universe, maybe.
Am I shy or outgoing? Depends on the situation and how well you know people but I’d say shy.
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? Follow the rules.
What is my birth month? May
Do I want to see a woman or man as next president? Man
I am a member of which political party? Republican
Am I Liberal? Moderate? or Conservative? Conservative
Have you ever heard me sing? Yes
How many children do I have? 3 counting Matt
Have we taken photographs together? No, you’re usually behind the camera.
When is the last time you saw me? Christmas
When will I see you again? Probably next Christmas!
Have we ever had a falling out? Nope
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? Dessert
Am I right handed or left handed? Right handed

What type of work do I do? Everyone else’s on top of your own because you are the only one who really knows what’s going on.


Where did we meet? Scrappin
Take a stab at my middle name? Ann
Do I speak a second language? pig latin??
Am I a cat lover or dog lover? dog
Do I smoke? no yuk
Color of my eyes?: brown
Do I have any siblings? yes
What's one of my favorite things to do? scrap
What's my favorite type of music?: gospel
Am I taller than you? YES
Am I shy or outgoing? Outgoing
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? A little rebel
What is my birth month? May?
Do I want to see a woman or man as next president? woman
I am a member of which political party?_____________
Am I Liberal? Moderate? or Conservative?____
Have you ever heard me sing? yep
How many children do I have? 2
Have we taken photographs together? Yes
When is the last time you saw me? Jan 2nd
When will I see you again? Hopefully not to far from now
Have we ever had a falling out? No
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? computer
Am I right handed or left handed? right

What type of work do I do? wilber ellis paperwork


Where did we meet? Work but really got to know you at Diddy Janes Retreat
Take a stab at my middle name? Ann
Do I speak a second language? Does F bomb count???
Am I a cat lover or dog lover?_Dog…. Big Dogs
Do I smoke? Not unless you do it in the closet
Color of my eyes?: Brown
Do I have any siblings? Yep
What's one of my favorite things to do?_Camp (every available weekend) Follow your kids sports
What's my favorite type of music?: Christian Rock
Am I taller than you? Hello.. I’m only 5’3 on my tippy toes
Am I shy or outgoing? Shy…. Until you get comfortable
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? Follow the rules but I think there is a rebel dying to get out *lol*
What is my birth month? May (Mother’s day ) you always get jipped *lol*
Do I want to see a woman or man as next president? Probably a man.. I don’t know I’d have to ask you *
I am a member of which political party?_Help… I can’t remember what you told me to write down
Am I Liberal? Moderate? or Conservative? I’m not a very good student
Have you ever heard me sing? Yep!!
How many children do I have? 2
Have we taken photographs together? Lots.. you are very photogenic__
When is the last time you saw me? right now
When will I see you again? when I peer thru the window at you
Have we ever had a falling out? Don’t think so…..
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? _You are turning girlish on me…….NO.. Your lists, you never leave home with out them…
Am I right handed or left handed? Right

What type of work do I do?besides blogging, the school, mom, wife , oh yeah… Clerical


Where did we meet? Kindergarten for sure, probably sooner.
Take a stab at my middle name? Marie
Do I speak a second language? a little spanglish?
Am I a cat lover or dog lover? Gotta go dog.
Do I smoke? Incredibly doubtful.
Color of my eyes?: Brown
Do I have any siblings? yes, 3
What's one of my favorite things to do? Be a mom
What's my favorite type of music?: Christian
Am I taller than you? Yep!
Am I shy or outgoing? Going to say shy/quiet at first, then definitely outgoing.
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules? Haha!!! FOLLOW THE RULES!
What is my birth month? May
Do I want to see a woman or man as next president? Does that matter?
I am a member of which political party? I have no idea, democratic?
Am I Liberal? Moderate? or Conservative? Going to guess moderate...
Have you ever heard me sing? Most definitely.
How many children do I have? 2
Have we taken photographs together? Most definitely. Some unfortunate.
When is the last time you saw me? Too long ago.
When will I see you again? Not soon enough. Facebook doesn't really count!
Have we ever had a falling out? I do recall one, over a GUY, of all stupid things.
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring? Hopefully a fully charged satellite phone.
Am I right handed or left handed? Right.

What type of work do I do? Raise and care for 2 boys. As far as paid job... I really can't recall!

So, how would your friends do if you sent this to them? If it isn't already obvious, I've got a few people fooled on a lot of things!! Give it a shot - or rather, give your friends a shot - their answers will both surprise and delight you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats with all the "three counting Matt", a closet smoker and F-bombs?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This was so funny to read, Heather. I remember thinking you were conservative and Republican, but then you had barely written the Obama book review and so then I got all confused and thought maybe I just wanted you to be Republican and conservative so I left it blank.

I'll fill it in now...Republican and conservative. How could I have ever wondered?