Wednesday, February 11, 2009

At least he knows his limitations

Chance had guitar lessons this morning, which means getting him into town by 7:30.



Colton's classroom doesn't open until 8:05, so that leaves us a bit of time in between.



This morning, I had forgotten about the lessons until 7:00, which left us 10 minutes to get ready and be on the road.



The boys were still in their jammies.



Needless to say, the morning was a little rushed.



So, after we dropped Chance off 5 minutes late, I pulled back into the road.



Colton - Where are we going, mama?



Me - I thought we'd get some coffee.



Colton - Oh, I can't have coffee! (followed by a little 'harumph')



Me - Well, I thought maybe you could have cocoa or something.



Colton - That's what I meant, and I can't have that either! It's a school morning!



Me - We have plenty of time, though, buddy. You can drink it before we have to come back.



Colton - Mama, you know that much sugar in the morning with throw me straight into the yellow. I'll have my marker changed in a heartbeat.
.
**Update - you know by the time we got to Starbucks, he thought he could handle the cocoa, right? And, since he was being so darned responsible, I had to reward him :)
.
But, he stayed on green. The yellow monster did not visit us yesterday. I think he was saving himself for the Valentine's party today - I have a feeling Mr. Yellow will be out in FULL force!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Heather, he's funny. Truly funny.

So...did he get cocoa? Did he get a yellow?

Miller Family said...

First, Colin has been asking about taking guitar lessons (I guess piano is not enough).

Second, I love the fact that Colton was concerned about Yellow and knew his limitations. What a cute and funny guy.

Aren't boys the best?