Thursday, December 31, 2009
2 - Visits to Disneyland
2 - Visits to California Adventure
1 - Visit to Legoland
45.5 - Theme park hours logged
1 - Theme Park to go
1 - Dinner Experience at Medieval Times
1 - Fun dinner and games at ESPN Zone
9 - Meals at the hotel or brown-bagged
4 - Fast food or on-the-road meals
2 - Trips to the grocery store
9 - Times we rode California Screamin' roller coaster
3 - Times we Soared over California and smelled the orange groves
5 - Shooting galleries at various Toy Story attractions
4 - Wins by Matt
1 - Win by Heather
1 - Trick to get Matt in the front of the car in Splash Mountain
4 - Battles won by the Green Knight (our Knight) at Medieval times before his ultimate demise
4 - Meals of dragon soup, baby dragons (tastes like chicken), ribs, and potatoes eaten at the Knight Tournament by . . .
4 - Very hungry vacationers tired of brown bags
6 - Bottled Starbucks for breakfast at the hotel
2 - Times we splurged and got the real thing
40 - Sweepers working at any one time in Disney's California Adventure
1234 - Riders per hour on California Screamin'
1000+ - Shooters per hour in the Toy Story Midway Shooting Gallery
9600 - Cars in the Mickey & Friends Parking lot
14 - Dollars to park there
40 - Wasted minutes on Autopia
1 - Rainy day
1 - Official graduate (Padawan) of the Jedi Training Academy
3 - Minutes before closing to squeeze in the 6th ride on California Screamin' for the day
17 - Fast Pass opportunities used
3 - Times we were late to the Fast Pass return line
4 - Amateur cartoons of Piglet and Daisy Duck
1 - Near heart attack during a bug invasion in the "Tough to be a Bug" multi-sensory movie experience
2 - Times Disney shut the gates because the park was too full
2 - Times we were already in
1 - Camera forgotten at Verna's
405 - iPhone photos taken
27 - Disney Photopass photos taken
5 - Character autographs
74 - Degrees in Anaheim
1 - Fake snowstorm during the Holiday Firework Show
13 - Facebook mobile status updates or photo uploads
4 - Jumps from the seat during the great mice outbreak in "Honey I Shrunk the Audience"
1 - Boy named Colton who would not put his feet on the floor at any show after that one
0 - Trips to Alice in Wonderland, the Disney Princesses, Princess and the Frog, Ariel's Grotto, or Ladybug Boogie
1 - Mama very much out-numbered by boys
10 - Free tortillas from the Mission Tortilla Factory
1 - SanFrancisco sourdough round purchased for the morning snack
4 - Free New Year's Eve hats
2 - Free New Year's Eve horns
0 - Horns that made it all the way back to the hotel
9 - Various headache remedies consumed
5 - $10 lockers rented
15 - Minutes to Disneyland's front door on the shuttle from the hotel 2 miles away
30 - Minutes into the Disneyland parking garage when driving yourself
30 - More minutes waiting for the shuttle from the parking garage to take you the last 400 (ish) yards
5 - Levels of intensity on the Bionicle ride in Legoland
2 - Levels available to guests shorter than 56"
1 - Very glad mama that it was her turn to ride with Colton
1 - Priceless vacation, full of Holiday Magic
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
But, as is normal this time of year, the lists are falling apart. They get transferred to new lists. They get misplaced with one or two things yet unchecked. They get spilled on, stepped on, and thrown away.
So, it is with great dismay that I report I am a week late to wish Miss Jennifer a
I am 8 days late, so I will list 8 things I LOVE about you!
- You are the most generous gal - you clipped coupons and put them in the mail to me - I think you know my love language :)
- You are as cheap (ahem, THRIFTY) as I am.
- I love camping with you and visiting with you.
- You support my kids whenever you can. (PS - the Butterbraids that we promised on Thanksgiving will be coming on Christmas!!!)
- You are all about your family. They are so very blessed to have you.
- You love Jesus.
- You step in and help with whatever I need, whether at camping, at our house, or shopping on Black Friday, I can always count on your help if I need anything.
- You drive the coolest Rockstar bus I've ever seen. I'm jealous.
Happy Birthday, girl! Can't wait to see you this weekend. Sorry I'm lame and late. This also means that you won't be getting the Hilary Clinton card back. There's always a silver lining, isn't there??
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
- I love that you don't need "Pearl Harbor Day" to remember our anniversary. I underestimated you. I thought you would.
- I love that you give me roses. Lots of them. And that you buy them at Safeway, because it would kill me (and our pocketbook) if you bought the same darn thing at a much more expensive florist shop.
- I love the ways you are my polar opposite - you both challenge me and complete me.
- I love the ways we are exactly the same. It's the most comforting thing.
- I love that you can make "Wranglers and a collar" work at every function we ever need to attend. Although I admit, it's really no help at all when I'm deciding what I should wear :)
- I love that you go to church with me. I see lots of "church widows" on Sunday, and I can't imagine not sharing my faith with my best friend.
- Even more, I love that you pray with me. You know the deepest desires of my heart, and they are safe with you.
- I love that you are such a hard worker.
- Almost as much as I love the fact that you seem to be learning how to relax again. Phew :)
- I love that we are both turning back to simpler times in a lot of ways - we had to work through sooooo many complicated, materialistic times to get here. It feels great to be in the same place.
- I love the rose-colored distortion glasses you must have on when you look at me - I don't know what I ever did to deserve that look in your eye, but I'm glad it's still there.
- I love that you are serious about your responsibilities leading our family. From work ethic to "guy talks", you are a fabulous role-model to our boys.
- And, finally, to borrow from Colin Raye - I love the way you love me. So completely . . .
Happy 13th Anniversary, honey. I can't imagine what the next 13 will be. We are taking the road less travelled (these days, anyway) - and it will make all the difference.
I love you!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
So, the only way I know how to let the "good" still win is to count my blessings. Literally.
- I am thankful that Chance had two home basketball games this week, and that he did well in both of them. The boys are improving so much!
- I am thankful my parents were able to attend another game, and that they wanted to come out and see my new living room after. Thanks for a fun evening, mom & dad!
- I am blessed beyond my wildest imagination - well beyond what I deserve. We went grocery shopping on Saturday, and wanted for absolutely nothing. Got all that we needed as well as some extras. Some days, more than others, God impresses up on my heart that there are so many in the world that don't have that luxury.
- We had a fantastic Thanksgiving feast with Matt's family. It was again held at the ARK, where the kids could run and play to their heart's content. There was a ton of food, fun games, and great conversation. What a blessing.
- We were able to hit a couple "Black Friday" sales, with few mishaps. Admittedly, I wasn't out for the steals on toys or electronics - I wanted $9 jeans and $15 winter coats. We found both, so it was all good! Maybe not worth 6 a.m., but still good :)
- I am thankful for a cozy, clean, organized house. I am writing this in my new living room, in front of a warm fire, with a new t.v. (thanks Dan & Erinne) going in the background.
- I'm so thankful for Stacy Julian and Photo Freedom - my life (at least my scrapbooking life) is about to be changed. Thanks for the push, Darla!
- I am grateful for crock-pot beans and cornbread. I'm not sure there's a better Sunday evening dinner on a cold day.
- I am thankful for deputies, officers, and troopers who put their lives on the line every day to ensure my safety. Especially in the recent climate, their sacrifice and that of their families is no less than amazing. I am humbled and blessed.
- I am thankful for books. I love, love, love to read. I am currently reading one, and have two in a holding pattern - which is pretty normal for me. Yeah for books ;)
- I am thankful for the best husband I ever could have imagined. He endured two HUGE shopping trips this weekend, including an early morning Black Friday outing, a craft store, and grocery shopping in two different stores. In each one, he easily recognized that his best help would be keeping the boys distracted. He did a great job. I had almost $150 in coupon and sale savings on our grocery shopping runs - and that only happened because I was able to concentrate. Thanks, honey!
- I am thankful for coupons. And sales. And Black Friday, even with all it's craziness.
- I have the two greatest boys on earth. They challenge me. They stretch my boundaries of both patience and love - I didn't know I had this much of either one. They make me laugh. They make me cry - but happy tears as often as sad or frustrated ones. I am blessed.
Thank you, Lord. Blessed be Your name.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
- A fire in the fireplace.
- The Chinese Nazi from Tree Cafe is back from China. She's been gone like a month. General Tso and I have never been more excited.
- She (The Chinese Nazi) hasn't changed. PTL.
- Colton still calls me "Mama". He's back in an inquisitive stage, so it happens about 100 times a day - "Mama? . . . .", but I love it anyway.
- Because it's fleeting. Chance is in a stage where I am mostly uneducated and embarrassing. This will likely only get worse. So, I'm holding onto "Mama" with all I've got for as long as I can!
- Hearing Matt sing "Ice Cream Man" on his new Guitar Hero - Van Halen. What a hoot.
- Creme Brulee Eggnog with my Chai Tea. YUMMMMMMM!
- Anticipating middle school basketball - so many memories are rushing back. First game - Monday night.
- The overloaded wood trailer made it all the way back from the cabin. I only clinched my hiney and sucked all the air out of the cab of the pickup six or seventy-five times.
- I have a new phrase. "You've been SERVED!" or, with a very confident voice, just "Se-erved". It's like being burned. But worse. Way worse. Ask your kids. I'm so hip.
- Fleece sheets. It's like sleeping on a warm, snuggly cloud.
- My new carpet's coming this week.
- So is the scrapbook retreat.
- Life is good.
Lots to be lovin', that's for sure. What are you loving this week?
Friday, November 6, 2009
Feeding The Deer (gotta be some sort of play on reindeer here, right?)
Lake Wallowa Family
Lake Wallowa Boys