Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Proud to be an American

And most of the time, even proud to be a Washingtonian.




Even when it makes me mad.


Even when free speech is speech I disagree with.


Even when I grit my teeth and wonder how many soldiers died so someone could display this sign at our state capitol in Olympia this year.


On Christmas. Between the Nativity and the holiday tree.


Because we're all about equality and such.


And you know, everyone's been going nuts, decorating, spending millions of dollars on gifts, and attending church services dedicated to the Winter Solstice for thousands of years now. Or not.


Something tells me these guys won't be standing in a line to volunteer to work in Christmas Day, since they don't believe in the reason for the holiday. I'm betting most of them still sleep in and kick back. Maybe play some good atheist carols. Does Bing Crosby sing any of those?


Who knows.


They make me angry.


God loves them anyway.


MERRY CHRISTMAS.


For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life.


Amen.

2 comments:

2toads2luv said...

AMEN.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Sometimes political correctness is for the birds. This was incredible wasn't it?