Reasons I love our Christmas Tree:
- It is the focal point of our Christmas decorations.
- Our family decorates it together each year.
- It displays ornaments that hold countless memories for me.
- It displays works of art the boys have made throughout the years.
- The boys take such pride in rediscovering each of their ornaments and hanging them for the new year.
- It will protect many cherished Christmas prizes under it's weighted branches.
- It will be the set of continuing Christmas tradition, when Matt and the boys sleep underneath the branches, telling stories and dreaming underneath the twinkle of the lights.
- It will stand long after the gifts are opened and flung aside, as a reminder that Christmas is not about the moment of the gifts, but endures much longer, it's true purpose revealed throughout the whole year.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
Your green limbs teach a lesson;
That constancy and faithful cheer,
Are gifts to cherish all the year.