Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Official BooMama Christmas Tour of Homes

BooMamaChristmasTour

Funny things happen when you schedule a Gingerbread Party that no one can come to - your decorations get put up well before Christmas Day! Accordingly, you are done decorating in time to participate in Boo Mama's famous Christmas Tour of Homes. Woo Hoo!!

Dining room doorway

This little guy sits on the landing of our "grand staircase"

Ignore the pink, theater carpet - it will soon (hopefully) meet it's demise!


Santa pics of the boys from itty bitty until now


The stockings were hung by the piano with care . . .




The little, wall hanging Christmas tree. Just decorated with simple green, red & white lights.



The Wall Hanging Section

A Santa my sister-in-law made us years ago. She is a quilter-extraordinaire!




Mary Engelbriet, I love you! We are all believers around our house!
Snowman courtesy of Colton.






A Santa quilted wall hanging my mom made. It's so cool. She is dying right now because I didn't iron it before I hung it up. Sorry, mom!





Another mom original. This one is my favorite.




The Nativity Section
Apparently, I've got a bit of an addiction!


This is the kid's nativity. They pick the backdrop and arrange the figures. I try really hard not to re-arrange them when they're done. It was a cheapie, because I figured it would end up broken, but this is it's 5th year, going strong. We've come a long way from the first year, being set up in one big, long, very straight line!





A simple, rustic nativity. I think the antique radio actually makes a pretty good backdrop!







The Willow Tree Nativity.
Overlooked by our Little Drummer Boy doll - a present from Grandmother to Chance to celebrate his favorite Christmas song.






Our main nativity - we got this one for our wedding 12 years ago, and I still love it!






Another small, simple one. Goes perfectly atop a cake stand, and is perfect for the dining room.

The big picture - tree and all.

I love Christmas!

8 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

And it should be known, you did all of this AND still came to a friend's house to pull her out of a scrapbooking bind...doing pages for her during the week, with parties, work and practices still on your agenda. Thank you, thank you Heather.

I love your decorations.

Cyndi said...

My aunt collects Nativity sets and has 13 (I think)! You are on your way there =) I really like the angel on the candlestick to be above the rest - neat idea. Merry Christmas!!

Bonita said...

Lots of pretty things. The quilt hangings are lovely. I even like the pink carpet!

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

You have so many pretty decorations! I do think the quilts are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
-Kim

Sharon said...

Oh...I love your quilts...they're so BEAUTIFUL! I also love your nativity sets!

Thanks for the tour of your lovely home. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God Bless!

Carol said...

Everything's just lovely! You're right - the antique radio is perfect. Thanks for sharing your home with us.

Merry Christmas from She Lives!

Susan said...

I am SERIOUSLY impressed with all these beautiful decorations! WOW!

Totallyscrappy said...

The quilts are beautiful.
I love how you put the nativity set on a cake stand!
I just posted a Post Christmas tour on my blog, but I also have a Pre Christmas tour.