Friday, November 7, 2008

Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style - Pistachio Dessert



My cousin Heidi introduced us to this dessert at a recent wedding shower, and it will immediately become a part of every holiday gathering. It's so scrumptious!




Pistachio Frozen Dessert

2 tbs butter
¾ cup cracker crumbs
¾ cup cold milk
1 package instant pistachio pudding (3.4 oz)
2 cups vanilla ice cream softened
8 oz carton cool whip
2 heath bars (1.4 oz) crushed



In a microwave safe dish, melt butter. Still in cracker crumbs, press mixture into bottom of dish. In a bowl, mix milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in ice cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or more. Spread w/whipped topping, sprinkle w/ crushed candy bars. Freeze for 1 hr or until firm. Yield’s 8 servings.




Don't know what you're making for the holiday feasts yet? Head over to Overwhelmed with Joy, and enjoy a plethora of holiday fixin's.

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

Heather, that dessert looks quite decadent! I love it! I must try to make it soon. :)

Thanks for participating in my 3rd annual Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange! I do appreciate it.

Feel free to join me Fridays for my “Favorite Ingredients Friday” recipe exchange