Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Voted as Though I Were Not Voting


Because I am a copycat, I completely stole the title, link, and reference from The Preacher's Wife.


Mostly, once I read her post, and subsequently John Piper's article on the subject, I was finally at peace. I have stressed more over this election than any other. But slowly, through various articles, friends, sermons, and culminating with this reading, God has given me peace. I voted my conscience. I am at peace with that vote.


But, mostly, I am at peace with my God, and His ability to administer His plan in this world and in this country, no matter who is elected. Ultimately, all things will be for His glory.

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)

No comments: