Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Cabin - It speaks for itself

This is usually our huckleberry picking weekend, but an unusually cold spring has left us with very few berries, and green ones at that. So, instead of trekking untold hours to the huckleberry hills, we went to Matt's family cabin instead.
.
It turned into an unintended work weekend for some, but I resisted the guilt at every turn, and pointed my efforts toward a photo chronology of the events instead. As usual, there was great food, fabulous company, and another fun camping weekend.
.
I wasn't quite ready for fall camping yet, so there wasn't enough hot cocoa, warm clothes, socks, or coats. Thankfully, there was enough propane, so we survived!.

The Cabin
.

The Barn

.

The Stream


.

Some rock stars came and camped in the prairie for awhile.

.

The "facilities" for those who didn't bring RV's. This would make me purchase an RV after one night, but I am a wimp.

.

New ditch crossing, Phase I.
.

New Ditch Crossing, Phase II


New Ditch Crossing, Phase III (Final)

.

New Driveway

aka (Oh where, oh where has the horseshoe pit gone?)

.

New well.



What a great weekend! Lots was accomplished (as you can see), and lots was chronicled, so that I didn't necessarily have to be a physical part of the lots that was accomplished.
.
And, I'm really good at Mexican Train Dominos. Way better than Matt. And Chance. But not really better than Turner. Darn. Thankfully, neither is Steph.

.
Can't wait for October!

No comments: