Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- You can only send an e-mail to someone you know.
- You can only send an e-mail to someone your dad or I knows.
- You cannot enter your name or e-mail address anywhere on the Internet.
- You still cannot play games that require you to enter any personal information, including an e-mail address.
- If you decide to break any of these rules, you will not use e-mail or the Internet for the rest of your life.
Pretty straightforward, wouldn't you say?
But with all the headaches and hassles I was trying to avoid, I overlooked one very positive thing. I know it's partly the novelty of it all, but he e-mails me almost everyday. Here is a sampling of the little blessings that have come from this monumental step:
- Have a good day at school!Are we going to go to any stores? Love you!
- Have a good day!Be good.
- Have a good day at work.Are (we) going to any stores?I love you!See you after Tina's.
Ahhhh, the little things. Help me never to take them for granted . . .
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
More great cards. Alyson sure had an eye for colors. They were all fun to do, and not very hard. I think the beige "Thinking of You" one is probably my favorite for the evening.
Thanks for the fun class, Alyson! Thanks for the venue, Deb - you are a fabulous hostess! Can't wait to do it again.
Monday, September 15, 2008
44 ODD Things about you!
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes
2. Have you ever smoked? Yep
3. Do you own a gun? Washington's a community property state, right?
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? Red
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Like them, but after the "How It's Made" hot dog special, things got a little iffy.
7. Favorite Holiday movie? A Christmas Story
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Grande, Soy, No-Water Chai
9. Can you do push ups? Yep. I once had to do 100 of them at PE, in a bikini, for flipping off a boy in class because he made a comment about my bikini. The punishment started off at 50, but got doubled as I bided my time trying to find a t-shirt to cover myself up.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring.
11. What's your favorite hobby? Based on what I like to do, either scrapbooking or camping. Based on what I actually spend my time doing, it must be either organizing or driving.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? I don't think so.
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? I talk a lot when it means little, and am way too quiet when it means the most.
14. Middle name? Marie
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: My friend Erinne doesn't give herself enough credit, I'd really like a banana cream pie blizzard at Dairy Queen, and I can't believe I'm already sending out letters about Christmas.
16. What happened to question 16???? Somebody was too chicken to answer it.
17. Current worry? That I'm missing and/or forgetting something - too many irons in the fire right now.
18. Current hate right now? Negative political ads - on both sides. It's maddening.
19. Favorite place to be? Anywhere with my family, preferably in my camper.
20. How did you bring in the new year? Hockey game and dinner out with awesome friends.
21. Where would you like to go? Israel
22. Name three people who will complete this? Why is this question always on these?
23. Do you own slippers? Own them, yes. Wear them, no.
24 What shirt are you wearing? Red plaid w/white t-shirt under.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never done it.
26. Can you whistle? The "whistle while you work" kind, yes. The "call your kid from seven blocks away" kind, no.
27. Favorite color? Red
28. Would you be a pirate? I don't think I have the guts
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? It entirely depends on the day, but it's usually by Third Day or Casting Crowns
30. Favorite Girl's Name? Faith
31. Favorite boy's name? Chance and Colton
32. What's in your pocket right now? Expired coupons from a Safeway shopping trip.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Watching a movie with Matt last night.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Chevy Impala
35 Worst injury you've ever had? Tore many ligaments (repeatedly) in my ankle while playing basketball, requiring surgery.
36. Do you love where you live? I love my house, I love the people who live there, but I hate it's actual location.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
38. Who is your loudest friend? I think I don't know the answer to this questions because I'm usually the loudest and when you're the loudest it's hard to decipher who the 2nd loudest might be.
39. Do you have any pets? 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 cows (for now)
40. Does someone have a crush on you? I used to think it was only Matt, but learned I may be underestimating myself when I got swatted on the rear by an old man at a funeral last week :)
41. Your favorite book(s)? I Am David (Ann Holm), anything Corrie ten Boom, or CS Lewis.
42. Do you collect anything? Dust
43. Favorite Sports Team? Whatever team my kids are playing on, and whatever team I picked for Football Survivor that week.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Amazing Grace - the Chris Tomlin version.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Visiting the cemetery in Yakima brought back a memories of the last time we were there, at the funeral of Matt's grandma. While driving in, a 5 or 6-year-old Chance was understandably curious about the grave sites. From the back seat came his questioning voice - "How come some of the markers are tall and some aren't. Did those guys die standing up?"
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
What Do You Do All Day?
A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.
Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring on a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.
He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.
She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.
He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"
She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?"
"Yes,” was his incredulous reply.
She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it”.
So, my question is - what would your house/work space/etc. look like if you didn't do what you do all day??
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
It turned into an unintended work weekend for some, but I resisted the guilt at every turn, and pointed my efforts toward a photo chronology of the events instead. As usual, there was great food, fabulous company, and another fun camping weekend.
I wasn't quite ready for fall camping yet, so there wasn't enough hot cocoa, warm clothes, socks, or coats. Thankfully, there was enough propane, so we survived!.
Some rock stars came and camped in the prairie for awhile.
New Ditch Crossing, Phase III (Final)
aka (Oh where, oh where has the horseshoe pit gone?)
What a great weekend! Lots was accomplished (as you can see), and lots was chronicled, so that I didn't necessarily have to be a physical part of the lots that was accomplished.
And, I'm really good at Mexican Train Dominos. Way better than Matt. And Chance. But not really better than Turner. Darn. Thankfully, neither is Steph.
Can't wait for October!