Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hello Mother, Hello Father



Hello mother, hello father,

here I am at Camp Grenada.

Camp is very entertaining,

and they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining...


I went hiking with Joe Spivy.

He developed poison ivy.

You remember Leonard Skinner;

He got ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner.


.

.

.

.

.

Dearest father,Darling mother,

How's my precious little brother?

Let me come home if you miss me.

I would even let Aunt Bertha hug and kiss me...


Wait a minute...

It stopped raining!

Guys are biking.

Guys are sailing,

playing baseball...

gee, that's better!

Mother, father, kindly disregard this letter!

by Allan Sherman



A day at camp for Chance. He had a blast. Hence, the camp name - Summer Blast. He can't wait for next year--although I don't exactly know why--getting details is like pulling teeth, as usual. He warned me not to post anything on the blog - so, you didn't see this, okay??
.
.
Thanks to Pam, Kent, the Alliance Church, and all the volunteers and helpers. You made a very special week for a lot of kids!

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Don't you just love and appreciate people that take the time to make a good impression or experience for your kid? I love the drawing.