Friday, August 1, 2008

Favorite Ingredient Friday - Craisin Salad

This is not my recipe, but was passed to me from a friend after I devoured it at a camp out! I have no idea where to give the credit, but it is a fantastic salad.

Craisins Salad
1 head of each: red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce
1 8oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 8oz. pkg. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 8oz. pkg. Craisins
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 recipe Craisins Salad dressing (see below)

Break red and green leaf lettuce into pieces. Shred iceberg lettuce. Toss together with other ingredients just before serving. Pass dressing with salad. Makes approx. 12 servings.

Craisins Salad Dressing:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 onion, chopped (if you've been here awhile, you know this is optional)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. mustard
1 cup salad oil
In blender, mix all ingredients except oil. Add oil and blend again. YUM!

Enjoy!
Head over to Overwhelmed with Joy for more salad recipes today. Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This sounds amazing. I'm clipping it. Thanks.

Susan said...

This looks so yummy! Must try!

Cynthia said...

oh YUM!! I'll be heading to the store today to get the ingredients!

tina said...

That's sounds very good! I think I am going to try that, substituting iceberg lettuce with baby spinach - not a fan of iceberg lettuce and try to avoid it! :) Thanks for sharing!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.