Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Where everybody knows your name.


You know on Cheers, when Norm would enter the bar, and everyone at the bar would shout, "Norm!" And it just felt all cozy and warm, like he totally belonged there?? Never mind that the salutation probably meant the guy had spent way too many hours bellied up to the bar drinking beer. I do not judge.
.
Because there are a couple places (not bars, however) that could possibly do that when I walk through the door. Or the drive through. Whichever.
.
The other morning, I asked the boys if they wanted to eat breakfast at home, or just have something small (like Pop Tarts - yes, we are healthy in the summertime) and eat breakfast at Tina's.
.
**Insert - Tina, my Godsend, makes the kids a full breakfast every morning at about 9:00 when her summertime sleeping in kids are up and about. Or so I'm told. Chance picks her for breakfast over my bowl of cold Cocoa Puffs every time.
.
Anyway, with eyes still 1/2 closed, Colton suggests, "Or, we could just drive through Starbucks on the way to Tina's and have a little bit of hot cocoa to last us until Tina's breakfast."
.
Oh child, after my own heart you are.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh gee, that is funny. Belly up to the bar says it all.