Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How long do you think it will last?


We pick Chance up from the camp bus this afternoon. I can't wait to hear all his stories.


For the first few days, Colton was ecstatic to be an only child. When Tina asked how it was to not have a big brother around, his answer was "Sweeeeeet!"


Last night, his tune started to change. Light sabers and Rubber band guns are only so fun to play with the dog - pretty soon it becomes evident that he's not shooting back.


So, on our way home, through the tears, this was Colton's lament . . .


"I just miss my brothie."


"I can't wait until he comes home. Is he coming home tonight?"


"But I don't want to wait until tomorrow, I miss him!"


"I will be so nice to him. I will always be nice to him. He's going to be nice to me, too, mommy."


"Because he misses me, too."


"Do you think he'll be nicer to me?"


"I will, I will. I will ALWAYS be nice to him. I just miss my brothie."



Fast forward about 30 minutes.



"Mommy, since Chance still isn't home, can I sleep in your bed one more night? How about tomorrow night? Can I sleep there then? Chance can just sleep on the couch or something . . ."

No comments: