- First annual Sun Lakes Olympics - Chance and Colton both brought home trophies - okay, every kid brought home a trophy - but I am proud none-the-less.
- Chance's trophy boasted him a winner of the fishing derby - apparently the fishing luck skips a generation, and Chance will not be laden with the heavy burden of carrying on his dad's legacy.
- Colton won the Ninja Warrior course in the 5-year-old boy category. You're right, he's the only 5-year-old boy in the group, but it doesn't make the trophy any less impressive.
- Other trophies given for "Best Splash Down" at the pool, "Stick Pony Races" - this may have been rigged for the 2-year-old, and "Egg Toss Champions". What a fun time.
- We also had the inaugural "Brownie Bake-Off", which is the primary reason that my fake instructor on Wii Fit mocked me both Tuesday and today - more on that later. Back to the Brownie Bake Off - here is a sampling of what we had - Death by Caramel, Banana Split Brownies, Mississippi Mud Brownies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch, Espresso, M & M, and good old Chocolate Fudge with Frosting.
- My dad, ever the strategist, decided to wait to bake his until the evening of the contest. I saw the Betty Crocker box mix that he used with my own eyes - although he spruced it up with the Mississippi Mud Topping - but we all figured out that nothing beats the warm, gooey brownie. Doesn't matter how fancy the recipe. And so dad took home the Golden Brownie award for '08. Don't think I'm not already planning my revenge for '09.
- Chance is officially a "big kid". I didn't lament on it too much through the weekend, but it was absolutely killing me. When did he get so big? Each of the families that we camp with has an older child about Chance's age, but he is the youngest of the 4. This was the first year that we've given the older kids some extra freedom. Fishing on the dock by themselves - we let them rent a paddle boat - bike rides - swimming at the pool. It was good for us both, but so hard to see him be so independent. Sighhhhhhhhh.
Anyway, much fun was had by all. A great kickoff to our camping summer. Can't wait for the next trip.