Thursday, May 15, 2008

Birthday Good Mail

Okay, so I am starting to, a little bit maybe, get into the whole card making thing. When I am around Annette and Darla, and have some inspiration, I make a few and think maybe it's something I could really do. I get lots of inspiration from Tracy's blog, and think with her and Annette's patterns, maybe this is something doable.

Then, I remember how far behind I am on scrap booking, curse myself for thinking of taking on one more project, and I go straight to Wal-Mart and stock up on 87 cent cards for the rare occasions when I actually remember someone's birthday before the fact.

Subsequently, my friend Annette makes me a card like this, and I feel more than a little guilty that she will get the Rainbow of Birthday Wishes from the Wal-Mart bargain card aisle again this year. But it's the thought that counts, right??

I guess it's pretty obvious that Annette has a lot more going on in the whole "thought" department than I do.

And, to top it all off, the card contained some "mad money" tagged for use at one of my favorite scrapbook stores. I tell you, a girlfriend's birthday just doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks, Annette - you're awesome!

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Belated Happy Birthday Heather! Your card from Annette is really cute . . . and don't feel badly, at least you remember to get your friends cards and don't have to wish them a belated one in their blog comments section.

I hope you had a great day.