Friday, April 4, 2008

What do you know, friends?

Okay, I have been contemplating a blog post, but there's just not much there. Surprised? I'm not ;-) Baseball has started, and the family is officially in full baseball swing. Our 2008 calendar is rapidly filling up. I'm pretty sure there are only 6 blank days in May--and most of them are work days, so they aren't really that blank at all! That just means I get to go home after work and cook dinner, instead of pull a sandwich out of the cooler for the boys. I keep reminding myself - You're Gonna Miss This - thanks, Trace, sometimes I really need that!

Anyway, my mind is full of schedules and sandwich recipes, and so void of blog entries. Thankfully, Darla came to my rescue! She posted a challenge of getting to know your friends. I was actually the one to send this to her, via e-mail, so mine's already done. We are but a COPY and PASTE away from an actual blog post. Thanks Darla!

Our camping trip got cancelled last weekend, due to heavy accumulation of SNOW - in April! Hello! It's supposed to be spring! Anyway, my heart is still yearning, so you may sense a bit of a "camping vein" in my answers of this little quiz. I guess I'm ready to hit the great outdoors!

1. What is your occupation? I don’t really know – Know It All, maybe? Or, possibly just something clerical . . .
2. What color are your socks right now? Blue, and they match my shirt perfectly (please tell me you’re proud, Annette!)
3. What are you listening to right now? XM Radio – Channel 16
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Salad, Vegetables, 6 oz. of Turkey
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Annette
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? She’s the coolest . . .
9. How old are you today? 33 goin’ on 50
10. Favorite drink? Iced Tea
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Anything my kids are playing, so baseball right now. If my kid aren’t playing – Basketball.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Two days ago
13. Pets? When we bought him, they said he was a puppy, but I think he’s a camel.
14. Favorite food? Anything my mom makes
15. Last movie you watched? Technically – Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang (but I fell asleep), so really – Bourne Ultimatum
16. Favorite Day of the year? First day of camping
17. What do you do to vent anger? Complain to Darla, or keep it all inside and get a headache
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Tonka Trucks
19. What is your favorite season? Camping season
20. Hugs or kisses? I think I’m becoming a hugger.
21. Cherry or Blueberry? Triple Berry Blend
22. Do you want your friends to email you back? Of Course. Bloggers - let's hear it!
23. Who is most likely to respond? All are equally likely.
24. Who is least likely to respond? All are equally unlikely.
26. When was the last time you cried? It’s been awhile – unless you count during the Star Spangled Banner or Extreme Home Makeover.
27. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes – and with that said, what else would fit?
28. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? My mom
29. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to? Donna
30. Favorite smells? Oatmeal cake
31. Who inspires you? Right now, David – a man after God’s own heart.
32. What are you afraid of? Mostly, talking to people. I so suck at that.
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese
34. Favorite car? One that’s paid for.
35. Favorite cat breed? Not really a cat person.
36. Number of keys on your key ring? 3
37. How many years at your current job? 5
38. Favorite day of the week? Sunday on a regular week – or any day that we’re vacating or camping.
39. How many states have you lived in? 1 – extra exciting, I know.
40. Do you think you're funny? No. I like to try, though – maybe that’s funny enough.

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What? Talking to people scares you and you don't think you're good at that? Whoa...I think you better take another look in the mirror! :)

Bummers on your camping trip. That's a real let down.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh yeah...and I loved the "copy and paste away from a blog post"! That's clever.