Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's for Lunch?


I must ask all of my 7 readers for your "happy thoughts" and maybe even a prayer or two for my good friend Darla. She is not having the best day today, in fact, not having the best week. All of the people of the world who have not been blessed with great intelligence (aka STUPID) seem to have descended on her in the worst way this week. It has been very frustrating.


She needs a lunch break, and I am just the good kind of friend to break my diet and help her out with that.


She wants something fattening and comforting. Again, I am just the kind of good friend to help with that.


Her parting comment, as she headed down the hall, and we are trying to decide what to eat was this:


"I really want something really good, but we can't have Chinese, because I will chew that lady's ASS if she pops off to me today!"


We are discussing a poor Chinese woman, who is a FANTASTIC cook, but admittedly a bit English deficient, just trying to make an honest living in the Land of Opportunity. She is somewhat stingy with the forks, napkins, and to-go bags, but really, nothing worthy of the ASS chewing which my frustrated friend is professing.


Yes, I think I'll spare this hard working woman the wrath of Darla.


We are headed to Kiyoji's - we'll unleash the wrath on the Japanese sushi chef instead.

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

QUICK. Feed the beast. She needs food. Bad. Are you sure you're safe in the same car?

Cynthia said...

What a good friend! Tell Darla I'm thinking about her.

Donna Chapin said...

Oh am I glad I sent that funny little email to Darla. Hopefully, she saw the humor too.

I was wondering why she hasn't posted on her blog.

Tell Darla to keep her chin up!

Cali said...

Heather,

Will I see you at the hockey game tonight? Will your sons be two of the hundreds that will rip their shirts off and dance the cotton-eyed joe? I sure hope so. If not, I throw a punch at Spokane for you. P.S. I'm in absolute envy of the tree house. Too bad you're not allowed. It looks like the an eagle nesting box to me. Tell Darla I said hi and I'm glad I'm no longer a waitress, but I promise I wasn't stingy with napkins or silverware. I just forgot to keep the water glasses full (even worse cardinal sin)

Cali