Monday, March 31, 2008

My Knowledge Knows No Bounds . . .


Okay, so those of you who are bloggers know what the little Sitemeter thing is on the side. For those who aren't, it's a free service that tells you things like: how many hits your blog gets in a day, how many different pages on your blog they visit, how long they stay (minutes), and how they got there in the first place.


It's a fun thing to watch every once in awhile. You can tell what part of the world people are from who are reading, and it puts that info on a fun little map.


For the most part, because I have a very small readership, and I personally know most of you, it's a pretty uneventful visit. But, sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me, and I look into my blog hits from Google - which tells me what the search string was that led someone to my blog. This is a most entertaining leisure time activity. Since most of you do not have the leisure time to peruse my extensive Sitemeter archive, I give you the top 5 Google searches that led people to my blog:


5. Multiple Hats - while this one may seem obvious, it actually fell a little ways down the line. And, imagine the surprise of those unsuspecting folks who actually wanted to learn about hats!


4. Wilted Spinach Salad - further proof for Matt that his family secrets are being "sold down the road to increase blog hits." Unfortunately, the ones I looked at stayed less than 1 minute, so I'm assuming they did not find what they were looking for, at least on my site.


3. Send This To 10 People - This is a proud day for me. You see, if you type that into the Google search engine - I'm actually the first on the list!! And apparently there are still people out there, getting the "send this to 10 people" e-mails, and wondering if they are true. The Google placement is a result of this post, in which the phrase was completely sarcastic. PS - If you came here wondering if the "send this to 10 people" e-mail is true - it's not. Sorry to break it to you. The Easter Bunny isn't real either. The jury's still out on Santa Claus . . .


2. Deep Water Faith In The Shallow End - The biggest thing this tells me is that Casting Crowns is making an impact. I am so thankful that I link to them in the post people are finding, and hope they find the info they are looking for. Hopefully I'm helping their cause - which, in the end is all of our cause - bringing people to Jesus.


1. CBC & Chem 7 - Yes, it's the now infamous Nurse Heather post! The fact that people are navigating to my blog while searching for pertinent medical information is more than a little scary. What's even scarier is that the hits are split 1/2 and 1/2 between a regular Google search and a Google Image search - in which people are ultimately looking for a "sexy nurse" picture. Hope I was able to be of assistance . . .


Isn't that fun? Doesn't it make you want to start a blog, so you too can keep track of oodles of useless information?? Lastly, here are some searches that have appeared very few times, but are either funny enough or disturbing enough to deserve mention even with small numbers:



Fat Guys in Polyester


Spot Mat Flat Hats


Really Old Basketball Hats


Grandpa Shoes


.......and my personal favorite


Pooping in the Wilderness - yes, someone found my blog while trying to learn the intricate ins and outs of pooping in the wilderness. I am so proud.

2 comments:

tina said...

I get quite a few who are searching for Carmendy from TLC's What Not to Wear. I love the sitemeter; it's pretty entertaining for me anyway! :-)

Darla said...

You crack me up!!!! What are you doing working at Wilbur, you would be a great writer...

Hmm one other small question, when do you find time to review this *lol*...

Thanks for covering so I could go to the game :)