Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I think I'll change mine to Plenty

Colton would like to change his name.

He is adamant - ready to head to the court house this morning.

Angry that I wouldn't take him.

He'd like to change it to Wevin - or Wevan - or Weven.

Many different spellings were discussed. He really wanted it to have an "F" in it, but the actual pronunciation was more important, so we stuck with the "V".

If I won't take him to the court house, he will just change what people call him. Because it's his name, not mine, and if he wants to change it, I can't stop him.

Why the sudden attachment to Wevin?

He wants the name change complete by the time he is 7.

And his name will rhyme.

Because he is competitive about everything like his mama.

And his friend Thor . . . . .








. . . .is four.

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Heather...this is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I can't wait till he's eight and wants to be Kate.

tina said...

kids crack me up!!! i'm with jane, what's he going to want to be when he's eight? maybe he should think about that one. ;-)

Tracy said...

Oh my heck - that cracks me up!!! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Mines going to Mataleen, cuz sometimes I feel like Matundred!