Thursday, February 14, 2008

Share the Love!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

All week, I have been entranced by the Compassion Bloggers. Compassion Interntional invited 15 bloggers to Uganda for a week-long trip into the life of these children. There are some absolutely amazing stories, and my eyes have not been dry even once when reading them.

Some of the bloggers you may be familiar with - BooMama, Rocks In My Dryer, & Flowerdust - are there, blogging their experiences and stories each day. Check out some of the 15, read their stories, take it all in - I dare your heart not to be tugged.

After you've read them, ask yourself what $30/month would mean to you. One less coffee per week? A few less scrapbooking supplies? Hamburger helper two nights instead of dinner out? Only you know the answer to that. But to that child, $30/month means food, clothing, shelter, education, clean water, HOPE.

We already sponsor one child through Compassion, and it has been a great blessing. After this week, I want 3 more. I want them all. I want to help.

How about you?

No comments: