Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our weekend in phrases

The much-anticipated follow up to Our Weekend In Pictures.

Colton - (looking up at the scoreboard after their first game - 24-0) "Did we win, mama?"
I love it when he calls me "mama."

"What hotel are you guys staying in?"
"We brought our camper down."
"Oh, so you're staying at the RV Park next door - won't that be convenient?"
"Nope, we're stayin' at the Wal-Mart parking lot . . . . ."

Coach Mullins, in his pre-game pep talk for the 4th game - "We are on the rise!" Yes, yes we are.

Chance - "Get 'em up, get 'em loose, and knock 'em on their BAHOOKIES!"

"So . . . . ha, and HA!, little girl"

Chance - "Why should I skate all the way up to him - he'll just hit the puck past me and I'll have to turn around and skate all the way back!" (Yes, visions of Judd playing grade-school soccer flashed in my mind.)

At the Red Lobster - "Mama, come look at these lobsters. See those things on their backs, Grandmother said that's their test*cles, or something like that, or whatever she said. Anyway . . ."
"Colton, did she maybe say barnacles?"
"Yeah, that's it!"

Chance - "Mom, what's up with (insert imitation of me excitedly raising my hands in the air in anticipation of an Americans goal) this all the time???"

Matt, while watching the teenage girls show off their "wares" during the Skate with the Americans after the hockey game - "Look, honey, puck bunnies!"

As Coach Mullins draws on the whiteboard, illustrating player positions ("O" for offensive players, "D" for defensive players) - one observant little 7-year-old - "You just wrote the word "DO" hee hee hee hee"

Coach Lyle - "Let's keep our comments to hockey related questions, please!"

Chance - "It sure woud have been more fun if we won a game, huh mom?"
Yes, yes it would have - but somehow I had a great weekend anyway.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh, Heather. What a funny, funny post. Can you beat,

Chance - "Why should I skate all the way up to him - he'll just hit the puck past me and I'll have to turn around and skate all the way back!" (Yes, visions of Judd playing grade-school soccer flashed in my mind.)

At the Red Lobster - "Mama, come look at these lobsters. See those things on their backs, Grandmother said that's their test*cles, or something like that, or whatever she said. Anyway . . ."
"Colton, did she maybe say barnacles?"
"Yeah, that's it!"

Only with,

Colton - (looking up at the scoreboard after their first game - 24-0) "Did we win, mama?"
I love it when he calls me "mama."

Coach Lyle - "Let's keep our comments to hockey related questions, please!"


Very, very, funny post.