Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Heart Day



The boys and I finished their Valentine's for school last night. I totally stole the idea from Susan, because she has the best craft and gift ideas on the planet. Colton loves them - Chance is embarrassed by them. The mantra started this morning -


"Why do I have to take these to school? They are going to be nothing like what the other kids bring. They don't even look like rocks in that bag - I don't care what you say. And if some of the other kids do bring candy, it will be the 'good stuff', like bags of M&M's and Reese's and stuff. Why couldn't you have used real Pop Rocks? 2/$1 isn't that expensive. Why can't I just give pencils or gum like regular kids?"




Oh, they pure joy of the 8-year-old stage - they know it all, but have to make sure everything they know is exactly what their friends know, because the world implodes if someone is unique.


Anyway, I was firm - because they were already made, because I will not stress out until midnight tonight making something different, and because he should voice his ideas sooner than the day before the party - there is only room for one procrastinator in this family, and I claimed the title long before he was born!


Besides that, I'll be busy tonight finishing these for the kids' teachers. Which probably won't be acceptable for Chance's fragile social ego right now, either. Better practice the "if you don't like it, you should have taken the initiative to make something yourself" speech for tomorrow morning.


Wish me luck . . .

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the Valentines! When you finsh making the cans will you write how you do them. I went to the Tracy's site but it doesn't give all the details.

Susan said...

I love the rocks valentines!! I would love to get that candy over some other cheap kind. How did it go? Did Colton's fragile social ego make it through the day? I hope so!