Monday, February 25, 2008

Do you drive a "dork-mobile"??

So, this morning on the way to work, we saw this car . . .


I think it's a neat looking car. So I commented.

"Hey, guys, that's a pretty cool car."

Chance - "Whatever, it's ugly."

Colton - "Yeah, it's ugly."

Chance - "It's a dork-mobile, mom."

Colton - (laughing) "Yeah, a dork-mobile!"

Chance - (after a bit of a pause) "So, you could drive it."

"WHAT!! I'm not a dork!"

Chance - "Yeah, you are."

"What about our car - is it a dork-mobile?"



Chance - "Pretty much."

"So, what do you guys think I should drive?"

Colton - (whispers) "Chance, what kind of cars do we think are cool?" (louder now) "You'd have to drive a hummer - then you'd have a cool-hummer-mobile."

"But this one's paid for - doesn't that make it a little bit cool?"




Chance - "No, no it does not. I'd rather make payments on a Hummer."

Back to the drawing board . . .

1 comment:

tina said...

We have been debating on which vehicle to get (down the road) to replace our Dodge Intrepid (at least it's the new body style, not old). So, my husband is still anti-mini-van, which is fine - that's not what I really would wan to drive all the time, but we have borrowed one for trips and it's SOOOO nice for making long trips with lots of stuff/kids! So, we're looking at a Durango as the next vehicle. My kids aren't old enough to call our current car a dork-mobile - phew!