Friday, January 25, 2008

Super Bowl Food


Here's what we'll be eating at our house on Super Bowl Sunday . . .

Mississippi Sin Dip
I got this one from Big Mama's blog, changed just a bit to protect my adverse emotional reactions to onions of any kind. Check out the original recipe here.

1 loaf french bread

8 oz. container of ranch dip

4 oz. can green chiles, drained

1 package of bacon bits

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened

Cut out top of french bread and scoop out insides. Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl. Put the dip inside the loaf of french bread and put the top of bread back on. Wrap the whole thing in foil and bake 1 hour at 350. I serve with torn-up bread from the inside of the bowl, Fritos Scoops, or crackers.

Avocado Dip

~Basic Ingredients~
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
2 avocados, mashed
2 sm. cans chopped green chilies
1 garlic clove, mashed
salt and pepper to taste

I also add:
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
juice of 2 limes
chopped cilantro
garlic pepper
bacon bits (when Matt’s eating it!)

~Directions~
Whip cream cheese. Add remainder of ingredients in order listed. Refrigerate for 1‑2 hrs. for
flavors to blend.


Head over to Overwhelmed with Joy, and check out all the other Super Bowl recipes - your party will be the best ever!

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Heather, this looks good and I like the sounds of your version better than Boo Mama's...it must be geographic!

eleisia said...

Both of these dip recipes sound scrumptious! Our family will love them!

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds so yummy...anything that starts with French bread is bound to be yummy and then avocados! Super good!

Overwhelmed! said...

I love dip recipes and I haven't tried either one of these before. I'm printing out your recipes! :)

Thanks, Heather, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Super Bowl Sunday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.