Thursday, January 3, 2008

Eight for '08

I will not make resolutions that I will not keep.

I will make improvements - I promise myself. Here are eight of them . . .

  1. I will read the bible more. More like everyday. God has written a masterpiece of inspiration and knowledge, contained in 66 books, that have every answer I could ever think to search for - I just have to find it.
  2. I will eat more vegetables and fruit. Every meal. If I can't stomach salad everyday, I will use creative ways to add vegetables to dishes that I already love.
  3. My family will eat more vegetables. I am responsible for 90% of the food our family eats - there is absolutely no reason it can't be healthier.
  4. I will exercise more. I am averaging about 1 time per week the past year, so this should be an easy one to improve on. Whether it's 2 times or 5 times per week, I will improve.
  5. I will have more fun with my kids. I will not play the martyr at the kitchen sink or the laundry pile - I will not be a Martha! I can have fun with my kids and still run our household. I will.
  6. I will drink more water. Less soda, less coffee, and more water. My body needs it.
  7. I will sleep as much as my body says it needs to, without guilt. There is no mold spore growing in my bathroom worthy of losing precious sleep to keep my body healthy. If any of you believe I have actually lost even a wink of sleep over a mold spore, read the archives - but you get the point!
  8. I will be in constant conversation with my Lord throughout the day. There is no part of my day in which He should be left out. Everywhere I allow Him to dwell will be blessed.

Happy New Year! Here's to a most fabulous 2008!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Great goals, Heather! I have no doubt you will not only achieve them but succeed them.

Cynthia said...

Nice goals Heather! Very simple and doable. I love the last one of inviting the Lord into all aspects of your daily life. I think I need to add that to my list. Love the new picture of you!