Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Questionnaire

I'm totally cheating today, because 75% of the 4 people that read my blog already got this on e-mail. Oh well - it's all good for posterity's sake . . .

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some of both – but I like wrapping paper the best . . .
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, plus pine scented candles to help with the fake-out!
3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December or so.
4. When do you take the tree down? If Matt gets the Airhogs helicopter he wants, immediately after Christmas!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t exactly remember, but it wasn’t an umbrella . . .
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I think we’re up to 5 now – by far my favorite Christmas decoration.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Usually my name drawn from either my family or Matt’s family.
9. Easiest person to buy for? This year, it seems to be Chance.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail – the Christmas letter and picture is one of my favorite things to do all year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t exactly remember, but that wasn’t the umbrella either.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Over, and over, and over, and over.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In August, after Chance’s birthday. That’s the last big thing before Christmas, and I can start hiding stuff away to put under the tree.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh my, yes – from one family drawing to another!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Crepes or Overnight French Toast – they tie for the best Christmas breakfast.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Multi-colored – not my choice, but multi-colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy, but Colton’s also got me on to Away In a Manger – also Did You Know? By Todd Agnew
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We change the oil in the car the week before Christmas, and again right after – does that answer the question?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? If I sing the song . . .
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? The whole present hoopla starts on the weekend before Christmas at Matt’s dad’s house, and presents are opened on several occasions from that day until the 26th at Matt’s Granny’s. It’s a zoo . . .
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The hustle and bustle often blocks the view of the cradle.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I do love the whole sage green, cream, and gold thing.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Smoked Prime Rib, a la Wilbur Ellis
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Time to breath, or maybe even read a book.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I hope you're counting me among your 4 readers!

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!! :)