Monday, November 19, 2007

What a sport, eh?

Friday evening, as we were relaxing at home, my request for the boys to get ready for bed was met with immediate groans and complaints . . .

"It's Friday!"

"Tomorrow is stay-at-home day!"
.
"We get to sleep in - we should get to stay up late!"

I reminded the boys that we needed to be at hockey practice at 7:30 AM. While that might be sleeping in for me, it certainly isn't a Saturday morning kind of sleep in! Once they were reminded about their first hockey practice of the season, the grunt and groans greatly reduced their number - not unto extinction, but reduced none-the-less.

On Saturday morning, I went upstairs to wake the boys up to get ready to go.

"Good morning, guys! Do you remember what today is?"

Colton sat straight up in bed and said, "Mommy, I am so glad I'm a hockey player."

I'm sure later in the season, you'll endure blogs about early Saturdays, metal bleachers, and cold bums - but on that morning, I was glad they were hockey players, too!

Chance's age group got right after it, doing drills. Colton had about 5 or 6 kids in his group, with one "Patience of Job" kind of gal teaching them how to skate. It was fun to watch both ends of the spectrum. Here are some fun shots of our morning . . .

Both boys are ready to go . . .

Colt started off a little shaky . . . .

And spent lots of time here . . .

But was fabulous by the end!


Nice pass, Chance.



He shoots, he scores!!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Whoa! Is this in Moses?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Heather,

This is Cali. I just read your "Quotes from the Retreat" post. Ha ha ha! He IS JUST a friend. I loved that post. I too could hear each person saying them. Even though I wasn't there very much of the time to hear it.

Thanks for the good laugh. Remember, He IS JUST a friend.

Cali