Friday, November 16, 2007

Mine's Bigger Than Yours . . .

One thing I often find out at scrapbook retreats like the one I just went to is that when I think I have wayyyy too many scrapbook supplies, all I have to do is look around and realize that not only am I not the worst, in this group, I don't even come close!! These ladies know how to shop!


During a "dittie" on Friday evening, in which each person shared a favorite scrapbooking tip, I learned of a fabulous new adhesive system from Tracy. I could hardly contain my excitement when I went to Tracy's work station to try out this new tool - this was before Tracy was mad at me for being to nice to her mom - but that's another blog!


I just had to order one - I briefly considered adding it to my Christmas list, but knew I didn't want to wait that long. Besides that, Matt had just admitted to spending $71 on a bird hunting license, and I knew my opportunity for buying a $35 adhesive gun (with about 7.000 yards of adhesive) was now or never. At the time of this post, we are still at about $35 per goose (that's two geese killed, for those of you who are math challenged), and I'd trade a good adhesive gun for a goose any day, so all is well with the world . . .


Anyway, it came today. WOOO HOOOO! I love that UPS lady. Okay, I don't really love her, because when she doesn't have packages for me, she's actually kind of annoying - but today, I love her!!




Can you imagine having to study so intently to load some glorified double-stick tape?



Darla made so much fun of my excitement - saying I thought I was cool because I had this "Adhesive Gun 7000" or something - she ran through the room making "vrooming" sounds as I tried out my new machine. I think you can see from the picture below that she's just jealous . . .





My scrapbook gun is bigger than your scrapbook gun - so, ha! Thanks, Tracy ;-)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Darla is totally just jealous!!! :) I'm glad you got your gun. And don't worry, I looked the same way trying to load mine the first time as well!!! Have fun with it - and happy saving on adhesive.

Anonymous said...

I bought 1 license, I took 1 gun and I killed 2 geese. It took you 7trips (literally) to the car before you even felt ready to go. You already have 4 glue guns, 3 tape dispensers, 2 reams of paper (in each color) and 1 whole room full of stuff. I will put my total dollar investment in a hobby designed to feed my family against your investment in an obsession with all things acid free any day!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Heather, this is funny...and Matt's comments only make it funnier.

Darla said...

Hey... Hey... Hey... I'm so not jealous.... I love my little gun... I could tell the story about why Heather really likes the
Tape Dispenser 7000. It had something to do with dainty but I'm not going to go there *lol*...
But I will say.... Matt's comments are to funny!!!! He took all his stuff to the car in 1 trip & how many did you take... You will probably have to have an individual box for that thing it's so big *lol*
Now, that you have it will you turn out more pages or do we have to wait till the next retreat *lol*...