Monday, November 12, 2007

Scrapbook Retreat

We had such a fun time at Mountain River Lodge this weekend. It's always a great time of relaxation, rejuvenation, and accomplishment. I got 40+ scrapbook pages done, as well as a couple of extra projects. I think the most pages was awarded to someone who did 101 pages!! So, a lot was accomplished in 3 short days.


It was kind of different this year - I don't know if it was Matt's illness the week before, or just life catching up with me, but I just didn't have the staying power I usually do. Many times, you'll find Darla and I still up at 4:00 am, and setting our alarms for 7:00 the next morning to wring out as much creative juice as possible during the 3 day stint. This time, I was heading to bed about 10:00, and not setting an alarm at all. It felt great - maybe I didn't feel the pressure to "get my money's worth" - or maybe I just felt my body needed a break - regardless, it was nice to relax, I still got a lot accomplished, and can't wait to do it all again!


Some of the more memorable quotes from the weekend:


Heather - "What do you mean you're having dinner upstairs so you can keep working? You just spent like 7 hours cutting out flowers - if you needed some extra time, I would think you could've cut back on that!!" -in response to Verna ditching us for dinner on Friday night.


Sonia - all I have to say is "ATV Horses"!!


Heather - "Anita, can I get you some coffee while I'm downstairs?" "Anita, would you like some ice for your water - I see Tracy isn't offering to get you any . . ."





Tracy - "You're going down, Heather - paybacks are hell. Just wait for the barrage of comments on your blog . . ."


Julie - "You've never been so Sydney's Creations? You have got to go to Sydney's Creations!" (She was right, BTW)


Darla & Heather - "Alyson & Tiffany - you are going down!! Just cause we're old doesn't mean we can't still whoop your young butts at ping pong!" (Oh, and whip them we did ;-)




Heather - "Darla, you're not going to try on your gift????"


Alyson - "Yeah, he's a schmuck, but I'm thinking maybe I should just hook up with him."


Darla & Heather - "Let's review - he takes out the garbage without being asked, he takes you out to dinner in Coeur d'Alene, he asks if you want to stop at the scrapbook store when you pass one - schmuck or not, grab him while you can!!!"


Cali - "He's just a friend . . . ."



We had such a fabulous weekend. Thanks, Deb & Jane for hosting a fun, fun weekend. I wouldn't miss it for the world. You guys are the bestest.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes ... I do owe you comments ... bad comments ... watch your back girl!! :P

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What? I didn't hear those comments! (Well, a couple of them I did, like "He's just a friend." You should have added your hockey comment, too :) How funny. And Verna ditched us for supper? How very funny this post was. I could "hear" each one when I read them.

I'm glad you got to rest, but I missed my welcoming committee each morning as we'd pass.